Mar 22, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
You may have seen still photos of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in their “Bustin’ Babes” and “Larrupin’ Lous” barnstorming uniforms before, but the New York Times has a story — and some footage — of some film of them wearing the duds. Sadly it isn’t game action. They’re just hanging around. Ruth gets on the back of a pony. Gehrig holds a baby.
It’s not much, but it’s something. Until I read the article I never realized just how little actual footage of these guys exists. Apparently the Hall of Fame has only an hour’s worth of film of Ruth, and I assume that includes silly stuff like him sitting on the hood of a car, wearing that king’s crown and winking and what have you.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)