Mar 22, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York earlier today that while he looked into the idea, the club doesn’t currently have any interest.
“I was asked from above me just to look into it just to be certain, because we always look into everything,” Cashman said. “But it’s not something that right now makes much sense for us from everything we’ve seen. But like all these players it doesn’t mean he can’t find his way back over time.”
Wait a minute, did he just say “from above me”? Hmmm….
If the recent past is any indication, Perez should be on his way to Tampa sometime in the next 48 hours.
All in good fun, Yankees fans.
Some have speculated that Perez could reunite with Kevin Towers in Arizona, but it appears that won’t be happening, either. According to Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, the Diamondbacks are not interested.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 38
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)