Mar 22, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York earlier today that while he looked into the idea, the club doesn’t currently have any interest.
“I was asked from above me just to look into it just to be certain, because we always look into everything,” Cashman said. “But it’s not something that right now makes much sense for us from everything we’ve seen. But like all these players it doesn’t mean he can’t find his way back over time.”
Wait a minute, did he just say “from above me”? Hmmm….
If the recent past is any indication, Perez should be on his way to Tampa sometime in the next 48 hours.
All in good fun, Yankees fans.
Some have speculated that Perez could reunite with Kevin Towers in Arizona, but it appears that won’t be happening, either. According to Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, the Diamondbacks are not interested.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (91)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)