Mar 22, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York earlier today that while he looked into the idea, the club doesn’t currently have any interest.
“I was asked from above me just to look into it just to be certain, because we always look into everything,” Cashman said. “But it’s not something that right now makes much sense for us from everything we’ve seen. But like all these players it doesn’t mean he can’t find his way back over time.”
Wait a minute, did he just say “from above me”? Hmmm….
If the recent past is any indication, Perez should be on his way to Tampa sometime in the next 48 hours.
All in good fun, Yankees fans.
Some have speculated that Perez could reunite with Kevin Towers in Arizona, but it appears that won’t be happening, either. According to Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, the Diamondbacks are not interested.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 44
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 50
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 73
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)