Mar 22, 2011, 9:11 PM EST
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York earlier today that while he looked into the idea, the club doesn’t currently have any interest.
“I was asked from above me just to look into it just to be certain, because we always look into everything,” Cashman said. “But it’s not something that right now makes much sense for us from everything we’ve seen. But like all these players it doesn’t mean he can’t find his way back over time.”
Wait a minute, did he just say “from above me”? Hmmm….
If the recent past is any indication, Perez should be on his way to Tampa sometime in the next 48 hours.
All in good fun, Yankees fans.
Some have speculated that Perez could reunite with Kevin Towers in Arizona, but it appears that won’t be happening, either. According to Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, the Diamondbacks are not interested.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 72
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)