Mar 22, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York earlier today that while he looked into the idea, the club doesn’t currently have any interest.
“I was asked from above me just to look into it just to be certain, because we always look into everything,” Cashman said. “But it’s not something that right now makes much sense for us from everything we’ve seen. But like all these players it doesn’t mean he can’t find his way back over time.”
Wait a minute, did he just say “from above me”? Hmmm….
If the recent past is any indication, Perez should be on his way to Tampa sometime in the next 48 hours.
All in good fun, Yankees fans.
Some have speculated that Perez could reunite with Kevin Towers in Arizona, but it appears that won’t be happening, either. According to Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, the Diamondbacks are not interested.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)