Mar 22, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
Yesterday’s dustup elicited another fun reaction from a Washington Nationals player, this time Adam LaRoche:
Cardinals starter Chris Carpenter had hit the Nationals’ Laynce Nix in the top of the inning in what the Nats believed was a response to outfielder Nyjer Morgan running into Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols.
“It’s very typical of playing these guys. I’ll leave it at that,” said Nationals first baseman Adam LaRoche. “I’ve played against them a lot. And for whatever reason, you run into this same situation.”
I haven’t kept close track, but I’d like to see a chart tracking brawls, plunkings and petulant little controversies against Chris Carpenter starts. My gut and a handful of vague memories tell me that there’s a correlation.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims