Mar 22, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
If he can get back into the lineup by then that would leave five games remaining on the spring training schedule and manager Jim Riggleman told Zuckerman that the goal would be for Zimmerman to play in four of them.
Zimmerman was initially expected to miss just a few days when he suffered the groin injury on March 14, but a Friday return would come after 10 days on the sidelines.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)