Mar 23, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
It was good to get out there and see what I’ve got. I can play but it’s going to be their decision. Hopefully it will be fine by then but it will be their decision if they want to go forward with me being at 80, 90 percent. It is better for the long run to not be stupid, I guess.
Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun reports that Hill “moved at half speed coming out of the box and three-quarters speed in the infield” during yesterday’s game, and he also went 0-for-3 at the plate.
Assuming he can get healthy relatively soon Hill is a good bet for a big bounceback season, as his dreadful .205 batting average was due largely to an unsustainably awful mark on balls in play and he still managed to smack 26 homers in 528 at-bats.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)