Mar 23, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
It was good to get out there and see what I’ve got. I can play but it’s going to be their decision. Hopefully it will be fine by then but it will be their decision if they want to go forward with me being at 80, 90 percent. It is better for the long run to not be stupid, I guess.
Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun reports that Hill “moved at half speed coming out of the box and three-quarters speed in the infield” during yesterday’s game, and he also went 0-for-3 at the plate.
Assuming he can get healthy relatively soon Hill is a good bet for a big bounceback season, as his dreadful .205 batting average was due largely to an unsustainably awful mark on balls in play and he still managed to smack 26 homers in 528 at-bats.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)