Mar 23, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
It was good to get out there and see what I’ve got. I can play but it’s going to be their decision. Hopefully it will be fine by then but it will be their decision if they want to go forward with me being at 80, 90 percent. It is better for the long run to not be stupid, I guess.
Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun reports that Hill “moved at half speed coming out of the box and three-quarters speed in the infield” during yesterday’s game, and he also went 0-for-3 at the plate.
Assuming he can get healthy relatively soon Hill is a good bet for a big bounceback season, as his dreadful .205 batting average was due largely to an unsustainably awful mark on balls in play and he still managed to smack 26 homers in 528 at-bats.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona