Mar 23, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Luis Salazar is out of the hospital and on the mend following his awful injury in the Braves dugout a couple of weeks ago. Mark Bowman of MLB.com has both the story and video of Salazar talking about his recovery.
“I’d like to thank God that I’m talking to you guys and that I’m alive,” Salazar said. “God gave me a second chance in this world, and I’m going to take advantage of it. I really appreciate it.”
As you can see in the pic, he looks pretty good all things considered, with the area around his left eye swollen but not particularly awful looking. Kind of like a boxer the morning after a fight, actually. He’s able to drive and he’ll soon be rejoining the Braves minor leaguers as he takes the help of high-A Lynchburg.
Salazar has no recollection of what went down after the incident. The last thing he remembers was the ball hitting him and then nothing. Our brains get us into a lot of trouble, but they’re pretty good at protecting us too.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120