Mar 23, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Luis Salazar is out of the hospital and on the mend following his awful injury in the Braves dugout a couple of weeks ago. Mark Bowman of MLB.com has both the story and video of Salazar talking about his recovery.
“I’d like to thank God that I’m talking to you guys and that I’m alive,” Salazar said. “God gave me a second chance in this world, and I’m going to take advantage of it. I really appreciate it.”
As you can see in the pic, he looks pretty good all things considered, with the area around his left eye swollen but not particularly awful looking. Kind of like a boxer the morning after a fight, actually. He’s able to drive and he’ll soon be rejoining the Braves minor leaguers as he takes the help of high-A Lynchburg.
Salazar has no recollection of what went down after the incident. The last thing he remembers was the ball hitting him and then nothing. Our brains get us into a lot of trouble, but they’re pretty good at protecting us too.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)