Mar 23, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for all that. I’m now told by a reliable source that it’s not true. Kind of a weirdly random thing for Mullen to report inaccurately, but oh well. Sorry to get everyone so excited by the huge non-news!
She adds that Boston “will receive an undisclosed sum of money” for cutting Albers loose, which is relatively standard for MLB-to-Japan moves and in this case presumably takes the Red Sox off the hook for the one-year, $875,000 deal he signed with them after being non-tendered by the Orioles in December.
Albers had a 4.62 ERA and poor 124/92 K/BB ratio in 193 innings spread over three years in Baltimore.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 8
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 94
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (95)