Mar 23, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
The Phillies really really need spring training to end. A couple days after Shane Victorino avoided disaster in an outfield collision, Roy Oswalt took a comebacker off the bat of Manny Ramirez a few minutes ago, knocking him to the ground.
He got up and walked off under his own power and seemed OK. Replays indicate that it hit his neck or shoulder, avoiding his head. Which is what everyone thought it hit in real time. Not that the neck is any better considering that it was a batted ball just below the ear that killed Mike Coolbaugh. At 60 feet, 6 inches, it doesn’t have to be a direct headshot to do damage.
In other news, whichever member of the Phillies found this little tiki and is keeping it in his locker, please return it to Vincent Price forthwith. And for God’s sake, don’t go surfing!
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)