Mar 23, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
The Phillies really really need spring training to end. A couple days after Shane Victorino avoided disaster in an outfield collision, Roy Oswalt took a comebacker off the bat of Manny Ramirez a few minutes ago, knocking him to the ground.
He got up and walked off under his own power and seemed OK. Replays indicate that it hit his neck or shoulder, avoiding his head. Which is what everyone thought it hit in real time. Not that the neck is any better considering that it was a batted ball just below the ear that killed Mike Coolbaugh. At 60 feet, 6 inches, it doesn’t have to be a direct headshot to do damage.
In other news, whichever member of the Phillies found this little tiki and is keeping it in his locker, please return it to Vincent Price forthwith. And for God’s sake, don’t go surfing!
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)