Mar 23, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
The Phillies really really need spring training to end. A couple days after Shane Victorino avoided disaster in an outfield collision, Roy Oswalt took a comebacker off the bat of Manny Ramirez a few minutes ago, knocking him to the ground.
He got up and walked off under his own power and seemed OK. Replays indicate that it hit his neck or shoulder, avoiding his head. Which is what everyone thought it hit in real time. Not that the neck is any better considering that it was a batted ball just below the ear that killed Mike Coolbaugh. At 60 feet, 6 inches, it doesn’t have to be a direct headshot to do damage.
In other news, whichever member of the Phillies found this little tiki and is keeping it in his locker, please return it to Vincent Price forthwith. And for God’s sake, don’t go surfing!
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)