Mar 23, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
In fact, Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star reports that Drabek will take Morrow’s place in the rotation and pitch Game 2 behind Opening Day starter Ricky Romero. Brett Cecil, Jesse Litsch, and Jo-Jo Reyes will fill out the rest of the rotation.
Morrow is hoping to miss just one start, but slotting Drabek into the No. 2 spot indicates that the Blue Jays have no plans to send him back to the minors.
Acquired from the Phillies in the Roy Halladay trade and ranked by Baseball America as 29th-best prospect in the game this year, Drabek had a 2.94 ERA and 132/68 K/BB ratio in 162 innings at Double-A last season before going 0-3 with a 4.76 ERA in three September starts for the Blue Jays.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)