Mar 23, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
In fact, Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star reports that Drabek will take Morrow’s place in the rotation and pitch Game 2 behind Opening Day starter Ricky Romero. Brett Cecil, Jesse Litsch, and Jo-Jo Reyes will fill out the rest of the rotation.
Morrow is hoping to miss just one start, but slotting Drabek into the No. 2 spot indicates that the Blue Jays have no plans to send him back to the minors.
Acquired from the Phillies in the Roy Halladay trade and ranked by Baseball America as 29th-best prospect in the game this year, Drabek had a 2.94 ERA and 132/68 K/BB ratio in 162 innings at Double-A last season before going 0-3 with a 4.76 ERA in three September starts for the Blue Jays.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him