Mar 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Vice President Joe Biden is a Phillies fan, but today he visited Yankees camp in Tampa.
Look at him there. Wearing the Yankees gear.
I’m gonna be straight with you: I like Joe Biden. I find him to be a pretty interesting guy. But if I were the Vice President of the United States, I’d wear my own team’s stuff no matter where I was invited. Someone invites me to a Mets-Phillies game to throw out the first pitch? I’m rockin’ the Braves cap. They don’t like it? Fine, throw me out. I’m the Vice President, dudes! I got more important things on my schedule!
Wait? You mean I don’t? Oh, well, that’s awkward. Well, I suppose I can wear the cap you’d like me to wear. Say, can I have something from the media room buffet? No? Um, fine … I’ll just buy a hot dog and sit over there in case anyone needs me.
No one needs me.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)