Mar 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Vice President Joe Biden is a Phillies fan, but today he visited Yankees camp in Tampa.
Look at him there. Wearing the Yankees gear.
I’m gonna be straight with you: I like Joe Biden. I find him to be a pretty interesting guy. But if I were the Vice President of the United States, I’d wear my own team’s stuff no matter where I was invited. Someone invites me to a Mets-Phillies game to throw out the first pitch? I’m rockin’ the Braves cap. They don’t like it? Fine, throw me out. I’m the Vice President, dudes! I got more important things on my schedule!
Wait? You mean I don’t? Oh, well, that’s awkward. Well, I suppose I can wear the cap you’d like me to wear. Say, can I have something from the media room buffet? No? Um, fine … I’ll just buy a hot dog and sit over there in case anyone needs me.
No one needs me.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 32
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)