Mar 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Vice President Joe Biden is a Phillies fan, but today he visited Yankees camp in Tampa.
Look at him there. Wearing the Yankees gear.
I’m gonna be straight with you: I like Joe Biden. I find him to be a pretty interesting guy. But if I were the Vice President of the United States, I’d wear my own team’s stuff no matter where I was invited. Someone invites me to a Mets-Phillies game to throw out the first pitch? I’m rockin’ the Braves cap. They don’t like it? Fine, throw me out. I’m the Vice President, dudes! I got more important things on my schedule!
Wait? You mean I don’t? Oh, well, that’s awkward. Well, I suppose I can wear the cap you’d like me to wear. Say, can I have something from the media room buffet? No? Um, fine … I’ll just buy a hot dog and sit over there in case anyone needs me.
No one needs me.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 12
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)