Mar 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Vice President Joe Biden is a Phillies fan, but today he visited Yankees camp in Tampa.
Look at him there. Wearing the Yankees gear.
I’m gonna be straight with you: I like Joe Biden. I find him to be a pretty interesting guy. But if I were the Vice President of the United States, I’d wear my own team’s stuff no matter where I was invited. Someone invites me to a Mets-Phillies game to throw out the first pitch? I’m rockin’ the Braves cap. They don’t like it? Fine, throw me out. I’m the Vice President, dudes! I got more important things on my schedule!
Wait? You mean I don’t? Oh, well, that’s awkward. Well, I suppose I can wear the cap you’d like me to wear. Say, can I have something from the media room buffet? No? Um, fine … I’ll just buy a hot dog and sit over there in case anyone needs me.
No one needs me.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)