Mar 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Vice President Joe Biden is a Phillies fan, but today he visited Yankees camp in Tampa.
Look at him there. Wearing the Yankees gear.
I’m gonna be straight with you: I like Joe Biden. I find him to be a pretty interesting guy. But if I were the Vice President of the United States, I’d wear my own team’s stuff no matter where I was invited. Someone invites me to a Mets-Phillies game to throw out the first pitch? I’m rockin’ the Braves cap. They don’t like it? Fine, throw me out. I’m the Vice President, dudes! I got more important things on my schedule!
Wait? You mean I don’t? Oh, well, that’s awkward. Well, I suppose I can wear the cap you’d like me to wear. Say, can I have something from the media room buffet? No? Um, fine … I’ll just buy a hot dog and sit over there in case anyone needs me.
No one needs me.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 23
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)