Mar 24, 2011, 5:27 PM EST
When they acquired Teahen from the Royals last year the White Sox handed him the third base job and then a three-year, $14 million contract extension, but they quickly grew frustrated with his sub par defense and aside from one fluke season in 2006 he’s never been an impact hitter.
Morel doesn’t offer much power or plate discipline offensively, but the 24-year-old hit .322 in 130 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season and his glove draws rave reviews.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)