Mar 24, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
When they acquired Teahen from the Royals last year the White Sox handed him the third base job and then a three-year, $14 million contract extension, but they quickly grew frustrated with his sub par defense and aside from one fluke season in 2006 he’s never been an impact hitter.
Morel doesn’t offer much power or plate discipline offensively, but the 24-year-old hit .322 in 130 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season and his glove draws rave reviews.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 45
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)