Mar 24, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
When they acquired Teahen from the Royals last year the White Sox handed him the third base job and then a three-year, $14 million contract extension, but they quickly grew frustrated with his sub par defense and aside from one fluke season in 2006 he’s never been an impact hitter.
Morel doesn’t offer much power or plate discipline offensively, but the 24-year-old hit .322 in 130 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season and his glove draws rave reviews.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)