Mar 24, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
When they acquired Teahen from the Royals last year the White Sox handed him the third base job and then a three-year, $14 million contract extension, but they quickly grew frustrated with his sub par defense and aside from one fluke season in 2006 he’s never been an impact hitter.
Morel doesn’t offer much power or plate discipline offensively, but the 24-year-old hit .322 in 130 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season and his glove draws rave reviews.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (104)