Mar 24, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
When they acquired Teahen from the Royals last year the White Sox handed him the third base job and then a three-year, $14 million contract extension, but they quickly grew frustrated with his sub par defense and aside from one fluke season in 2006 he’s never been an impact hitter.
Morel doesn’t offer much power or plate discipline offensively, but the 24-year-old hit .322 in 130 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season and his glove draws rave reviews.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)