Mar 24, 2011, 12:36 PM EDT
Random bits falling out of the Barry Bonds trial, as Bonds’ former buddy Steven Hoskins testified (for reasons that aren’t entirely clear) that Curt Schilling once bought a used Lamborghini from Jose Canseco.
I’m guessing that was mentioned at some point in a random Canseco or Schilling feature story, but I find it to be hilarious for some reason. Mostly because, rather than it being brokered by their agent (who represented both of them at the time), I’m picturing Schilling standing in Canseco’s driveway, both of them looking at the car and haggling, arms crossed.
Yes, it’s a slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 5
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 183
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (183)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)