Mar 24, 2011, 12:36 PM EST
Random bits falling out of the Barry Bonds trial, as Bonds’ former buddy Steven Hoskins testified (for reasons that aren’t entirely clear) that Curt Schilling once bought a used Lamborghini from Jose Canseco.
I’m guessing that was mentioned at some point in a random Canseco or Schilling feature story, but I find it to be hilarious for some reason. Mostly because, rather than it being brokered by their agent (who represented both of them at the time), I’m picturing Schilling standing in Canseco’s driveway, both of them looking at the car and haggling, arms crossed.
Yes, it’s a slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)