Mar 24, 2011, 12:36 PM EDT
Random bits falling out of the Barry Bonds trial, as Bonds’ former buddy Steven Hoskins testified (for reasons that aren’t entirely clear) that Curt Schilling once bought a used Lamborghini from Jose Canseco.
I’m guessing that was mentioned at some point in a random Canseco or Schilling feature story, but I find it to be hilarious for some reason. Mostly because, rather than it being brokered by their agent (who represented both of them at the time), I’m picturing Schilling standing in Canseco’s driveway, both of them looking at the car and haggling, arms crossed.
Yes, it’s a slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 53
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)