Mar 24, 2011, 12:36 PM EDT
Random bits falling out of the Barry Bonds trial, as Bonds’ former buddy Steven Hoskins testified (for reasons that aren’t entirely clear) that Curt Schilling once bought a used Lamborghini from Jose Canseco.
I’m guessing that was mentioned at some point in a random Canseco or Schilling feature story, but I find it to be hilarious for some reason. Mostly because, rather than it being brokered by their agent (who represented both of them at the time), I’m picturing Schilling standing in Canseco’s driveway, both of them looking at the car and haggling, arms crossed.
Yes, it’s a slow news day. Why do you ask?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)