Mar 24, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Remember how Joe Biden visited Yankees camp yesterday? Well, apparently his arrival and all of the attendant security hoopla kept the Blue Jays from being able to get into their clubhouse, and they had to wait patiently behind security until they could do so.
I assume this means that Canada will declare war on us soon.
Back in 1989 my dad worked in an office that overlooked the tarmac at the airport in Beckley, West Virgina. Dan Quayle used to take his family on whitewater rafting trips on the New River once a year, and it was the first time he had done it as VP. The Secret Service flew in a week before in a C-130 cargo plane, unloaded black Chevy Suburbans and interrogated every employee in the airport to make sure they didn’t represent a security threat.
I always thought that was a bit much. I mean, really, Quayle? Anyone ever take a shot at a vice president? I mean, other than Aaron Burr?
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)