Mar 24, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Remember how Joe Biden visited Yankees camp yesterday? Well, apparently his arrival and all of the attendant security hoopla kept the Blue Jays from being able to get into their clubhouse, and they had to wait patiently behind security until they could do so.
I assume this means that Canada will declare war on us soon.
Back in 1989 my dad worked in an office that overlooked the tarmac at the airport in Beckley, West Virgina. Dan Quayle used to take his family on whitewater rafting trips on the New River once a year, and it was the first time he had done it as VP. The Secret Service flew in a week before in a C-130 cargo plane, unloaded black Chevy Suburbans and interrogated every employee in the airport to make sure they didn’t represent a security threat.
I always thought that was a bit much. I mean, really, Quayle? Anyone ever take a shot at a vice president? I mean, other than Aaron Burr?
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)