Mar 24, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Remember how Joe Biden visited Yankees camp yesterday? Well, apparently his arrival and all of the attendant security hoopla kept the Blue Jays from being able to get into their clubhouse, and they had to wait patiently behind security until they could do so.
I assume this means that Canada will declare war on us soon.
Back in 1989 my dad worked in an office that overlooked the tarmac at the airport in Beckley, West Virgina. Dan Quayle used to take his family on whitewater rafting trips on the New River once a year, and it was the first time he had done it as VP. The Secret Service flew in a week before in a C-130 cargo plane, unloaded black Chevy Suburbans and interrogated every employee in the airport to make sure they didn’t represent a security threat.
I always thought that was a bit much. I mean, really, Quayle? Anyone ever take a shot at a vice president? I mean, other than Aaron Burr?
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 2
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 21
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 39
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4