Mar 24, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Remember how Joe Biden visited Yankees camp yesterday? Well, apparently his arrival and all of the attendant security hoopla kept the Blue Jays from being able to get into their clubhouse, and they had to wait patiently behind security until they could do so.
I assume this means that Canada will declare war on us soon.
Back in 1989 my dad worked in an office that overlooked the tarmac at the airport in Beckley, West Virgina. Dan Quayle used to take his family on whitewater rafting trips on the New River once a year, and it was the first time he had done it as VP. The Secret Service flew in a week before in a C-130 cargo plane, unloaded black Chevy Suburbans and interrogated every employee in the airport to make sure they didn’t represent a security threat.
I always thought that was a bit much. I mean, really, Quayle? Anyone ever take a shot at a vice president? I mean, other than Aaron Burr?
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 17
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 19
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 30
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)