Mar 25, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
The hits just keep on coming for the Phillies. CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports that Brad Lidge — who has already missed time with tendinitis in his bicep — is going on the shelf because of pain in his shoulder.
Kind of sounds like Johnny Cueto‘s thing: he had bicep trouble and then shoulder inflammation. Earlier this week Cueto was given a relatively optimistic assessment: rest, wait and we’ll check back later. Phillies fans have to hope that the same goes for Lidge.
All of that said — and despite all of the other Phillies injuries — I am not going to worry too much about Philadelphia. Unless and until one of the names on their list of hurt players is Halladay, Lee, Hamels or Oswalt, they’re still my favorites to win the east.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 88
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)