Mar 25, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
The hits just keep on coming for the Phillies. CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports that Brad Lidge — who has already missed time with tendinitis in his bicep — is going on the shelf because of pain in his shoulder.
Kind of sounds like Johnny Cueto‘s thing: he had bicep trouble and then shoulder inflammation. Earlier this week Cueto was given a relatively optimistic assessment: rest, wait and we’ll check back later. Phillies fans have to hope that the same goes for Lidge.
All of that said — and despite all of the other Phillies injuries — I am not going to worry too much about Philadelphia. Unless and until one of the names on their list of hurt players is Halladay, Lee, Hamels or Oswalt, they’re still my favorites to win the east.
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 33
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 3
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)