Mar 25, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
The hits just keep on coming for the Phillies. CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports that Brad Lidge — who has already missed time with tendinitis in his bicep — is going on the shelf because of pain in his shoulder.
Kind of sounds like Johnny Cueto‘s thing: he had bicep trouble and then shoulder inflammation. Earlier this week Cueto was given a relatively optimistic assessment: rest, wait and we’ll check back later. Phillies fans have to hope that the same goes for Lidge.
All of that said — and despite all of the other Phillies injuries — I am not going to worry too much about Philadelphia. Unless and until one of the names on their list of hurt players is Halladay, Lee, Hamels or Oswalt, they’re still my favorites to win the east.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)