Mar 25, 2011, 9:33 AM EST
The hits just keep on coming for the Phillies. CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports that Brad Lidge — who has already missed time with tendinitis in his bicep — is going on the shelf because of pain in his shoulder.
Kind of sounds like Johnny Cueto‘s thing: he had bicep trouble and then shoulder inflammation. Earlier this week Cueto was given a relatively optimistic assessment: rest, wait and we’ll check back later. Phillies fans have to hope that the same goes for Lidge.
All of that said — and despite all of the other Phillies injuries — I am not going to worry too much about Philadelphia. Unless and until one of the names on their list of hurt players is Halladay, Lee, Hamels or Oswalt, they’re still my favorites to win the east.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)