Mar 25, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Last week Ichiro Suzuki reportedly donated 100 million yen (approximately $1.2 million) and Hideki Matsui donated 50 million yen (approximately $600,000) to help support their home country following the devastating earthquake and tsunami.
Several major-league teams have also donated significant amounts of money and have also organized donation-matching programs for fans interested in giving as well.
To make a donation of your own, go to RedCross.org.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 66
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (102)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)