Mar 25, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
I’m just going to leave this quote — about Arizona Diamondbacks’ bullpen catcher Jeff Moutzas — right here. You do with it what you will:
Pitcher Livan Hernandez became something of a sadistic benefactor when he arrived in Arizona in 2006. Motuzas said Hernandez once paid him $3,000 to drink a gallon of milk in 12 minutes. The two also hammered out a deal that permitted Hernandez to punch Motuzas in the groin for $50 a pop whenever he felt the urge. Motuzas would receive a $300 bonus after every 10th punch.
Based on that — and it just goes on and on like that — you may or may not want to read the whole profile of the guy at the Wall Street Journal.
We’re gonna need a bigger orchidometer.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 52
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 46
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 112
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (190)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)