Must-Click Link: The Giants 2011 TV commercials

Mar 25, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT

Click Here large

I thought the Mariners ads for the 2011 season were the best, but I think there’s a new champ: The Giants commercials are pretty terrific.

There are six of them and a behind the scenes feature.  I think three and four may be the best. I’m pretty sure Bruce Bochy is the worst actor ever, but that sort of adds to their charm.

I’d embed them, but MLB.com doesn’t want people circulating free advertising for their products for some reason.  Pity.

1. apbaguy - Mar 25, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Pretty silly, but at least they had some good weather for the outside shots. I think we’ve forgotten what that is, with all the rain.

2. Brian Murphy - Mar 25, 2011 at 8:39 PM

The birds and the bees one was my personal favorite. The quick moment of Bochy’s baritone “Nooooo” followed by the the dog howl in the background probably wasn’t intended to be the funniest part of that spot, but it was for me.
    But yes, collectively, these are better than the Mariners’ effort.

3. Panda Claus - Mar 25, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I think both sets get A’s, no pun intended. My I liked three and seven the best.

This forced me to go back and see the Mariners’ promos which I hadn’t seen. Ichiro hitting a squeaky duck and a tic tac was pretty clever. And who wouldn’t love the Larry and Jerry one?

4. quintjs - Mar 25, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I thought the Giants ads were terrible.

The Mariners’ ads were good for no other reason than the King Felix ad. Although it wasn’t what the ad was saying, I loved the idea that as the M’s run out onto the field Wedge says ‘oh jeez’ – because thats probably going to be a seen repeated throughout the year.

5. lunatic96 - Mar 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Neither set of commercials even comes close to the ones the Rockies do each year.

Why is Wren out and Gonzalez is not?
  1. R. Castillo (2666)