Mar 27, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Forget what you might’ve heard.
Morgan, 30, will serve as an active but unproductive fourth outfielder with the Brewers. He posted a putrid .253/.319/.314 batting line, zero homers and 24 RBI over 577 plate appearances in 2010 and was caught on 17 of his 51 stolen base attempts. He’s known mostly for his speed, but his track record on the basepaths is far from good. Or even decent.
Dykstra, 21, batted .312/.416/.411 last season at Single-A Wisconsin. He doesn’t have much power potential but he has played all around the field and boasts a good amount of athleticism.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)