Mar 27, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Forget what you might’ve heard.
Morgan, 30, will serve as an active but unproductive fourth outfielder with the Brewers. He posted a putrid .253/.319/.314 batting line, zero homers and 24 RBI over 577 plate appearances in 2010 and was caught on 17 of his 51 stolen base attempts. He’s known mostly for his speed, but his track record on the basepaths is far from good. Or even decent.
Dykstra, 21, batted .312/.416/.411 last season at Single-A Wisconsin. He doesn’t have much power potential but he has played all around the field and boasts a good amount of athleticism.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)