Mar 27, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Forget what you might’ve heard.
Morgan, 30, will serve as an active but unproductive fourth outfielder with the Brewers. He posted a putrid .253/.319/.314 batting line, zero homers and 24 RBI over 577 plate appearances in 2010 and was caught on 17 of his 51 stolen base attempts. He’s known mostly for his speed, but his track record on the basepaths is far from good. Or even decent.
Dykstra, 21, batted .312/.416/.411 last season at Single-A Wisconsin. He doesn’t have much power potential but he has played all around the field and boasts a good amount of athleticism.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)