Mar 27, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com had this one first.
The Astros made a minor move Sunday, acquiring infielder Joe Inglett from the Rays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Inglett posted a .208/.321/.250 batting line in 24 at-bats this spring and failed to make the Tampa Bay season-opening roster. He might have better luck in Astros camp, where they’ve been searching for a left-handed bench bat.
Inglett, 32, posted a useful .733 OPS in 160 plate appearances for the Brewers last year and showed decent range defensively. He’s not the worst guy to have around.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)