Mar 27, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com had this one first.
The Astros made a minor move Sunday, acquiring infielder Joe Inglett from the Rays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Inglett posted a .208/.321/.250 batting line in 24 at-bats this spring and failed to make the Tampa Bay season-opening roster. He might have better luck in Astros camp, where they’ve been searching for a left-handed bench bat.
Inglett, 32, posted a useful .733 OPS in 160 plate appearances for the Brewers last year and showed decent range defensively. He’s not the worst guy to have around.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)