Mar 27, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com had this one first.
The Astros made a minor move Sunday, acquiring infielder Joe Inglett from the Rays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Inglett posted a .208/.321/.250 batting line in 24 at-bats this spring and failed to make the Tampa Bay season-opening roster. He might have better luck in Astros camp, where they’ve been searching for a left-handed bench bat.
Inglett, 32, posted a useful .733 OPS in 160 plate appearances for the Brewers last year and showed decent range defensively. He’s not the worst guy to have around.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 76
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)