Mar 27, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com had this one first.
The Astros made a minor move Sunday, acquiring infielder Joe Inglett from the Rays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Inglett posted a .208/.321/.250 batting line in 24 at-bats this spring and failed to make the Tampa Bay season-opening roster. He might have better luck in Astros camp, where they’ve been searching for a left-handed bench bat.
Inglett, 32, posted a useful .733 OPS in 160 plate appearances for the Brewers last year and showed decent range defensively. He’s not the worst guy to have around.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)