Mar 27, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com had this one first.
The Astros made a minor move Sunday, acquiring infielder Joe Inglett from the Rays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Inglett posted a .208/.321/.250 batting line in 24 at-bats this spring and failed to make the Tampa Bay season-opening roster. He might have better luck in Astros camp, where they’ve been searching for a left-handed bench bat.
Inglett, 32, posted a useful .733 OPS in 160 plate appearances for the Brewers last year and showed decent range defensively. He’s not the worst guy to have around.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11