Mar 28, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
Initial reports pegged the valuables as a 60-inch television, three iPads, a laptop, and several watches, but now Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that an AK-47 assault rifle belonging to Longoria was also stolen.
Longoria talked to reporters about the break-in, but when asked specifically about the rife he replied:
It’s a personal item. Obviously they’re going to say things that are taken. I think everything within the house is personal and we’ll just leave it at that.
According to the sheriff’s office the AK-47 was “perfectly legal” for Longoria to own, although having that in the place he’s renting for six weeks does raise some eyebrows.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)