Mar 28, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
Initial reports pegged the valuables as a 60-inch television, three iPads, a laptop, and several watches, but now Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that an AK-47 assault rifle belonging to Longoria was also stolen.
Longoria talked to reporters about the break-in, but when asked specifically about the rife he replied:
It’s a personal item. Obviously they’re going to say things that are taken. I think everything within the house is personal and we’ll just leave it at that.
According to the sheriff’s office the AK-47 was “perfectly legal” for Longoria to own, although having that in the place he’s renting for six weeks does raise some eyebrows.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)