Mar 29, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
After what we heard last night, it was pretty easy to see this one coming.
According to Jaymee Sire of CSN Bay Area, Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed earlier tonight that closer Brian Wilson will begin the season on the disabled list with an oblique strain. John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that an official announcement is expected sometime tomorrow.
Wilson has felt better in recent days, but it makes sense for the Giants to be extra cautious here. Because Wilson’s DL-stint can be backdated, it’s possible that he could be back as soon as April 6, which is the fifth game of the season. In other words, no big deal.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)