Mar 29, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
After what we heard last night, it was pretty easy to see this one coming.
According to Jaymee Sire of CSN Bay Area, Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed earlier tonight that closer Brian Wilson will begin the season on the disabled list with an oblique strain. John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that an official announcement is expected sometime tomorrow.
Wilson has felt better in recent days, but it makes sense for the Giants to be extra cautious here. Because Wilson’s DL-stint can be backdated, it’s possible that he could be back as soon as April 6, which is the fifth game of the season. In other words, no big deal.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup