Mar 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
One day I’m going to have news about the Mets that is unequivocally good. Young prospect impresses. Guy who was hurt turned out to not be as bad as everyone thought and is good-to-go. I guess Carlos Beltran doing OK over the weekend was good news — and this is certainly fun! — but there isn’t a heck of a lot of that sort of thing flying around Mets camp these days.
I have a hunch that Bay is going to have a big bounce back year. We don’t know enough about his injury yet to know if that hunch remains operative. But man, this stinks.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)