Mar 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
One day I’m going to have news about the Mets that is unequivocally good. Young prospect impresses. Guy who was hurt turned out to not be as bad as everyone thought and is good-to-go. I guess Carlos Beltran doing OK over the weekend was good news — and this is certainly fun! — but there isn’t a heck of a lot of that sort of thing flying around Mets camp these days.
I have a hunch that Bay is going to have a big bounce back year. We don’t know enough about his injury yet to know if that hunch remains operative. But man, this stinks.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)