Mar 29, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Three recent bank robberies in Ohio are being traced back to a man “who wears a distinctive Boston Red Sox baseball cap,” according to Jennifer Baker of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Still shots of surveillance footage of the unmasked man wearing his Red Sox hat accompany the Cincinnati Enquirer news story and police say he simply “passed a teller a note and a white plastic bag.”
Baker writes that “the suspect implied he had a gun” and “fled … in an early 1990′s gray Chevrolet Blazer-type vehicle.”
Based on that information, I’m guessing this is less “guy so bold he doesn’t even wear a mask” and more “guy so strapped for cash he can’t afford a mask.”
Also seems like bad news for the Indians and Reds that they can’t even get the local bank robbers to wear their hats.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 87
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (104)