Mar 29, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Three recent bank robberies in Ohio are being traced back to a man “who wears a distinctive Boston Red Sox baseball cap,” according to Jennifer Baker of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Still shots of surveillance footage of the unmasked man wearing his Red Sox hat accompany the Cincinnati Enquirer news story and police say he simply “passed a teller a note and a white plastic bag.”
Baker writes that “the suspect implied he had a gun” and “fled … in an early 1990′s gray Chevrolet Blazer-type vehicle.”
Based on that information, I’m guessing this is less “guy so bold he doesn’t even wear a mask” and more “guy so strapped for cash he can’t afford a mask.”
Also seems like bad news for the Indians and Reds that they can’t even get the local bank robbers to wear their hats.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23