Mar 30, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
He was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday evening, according to the A’s official Twitter feed, and is likely to miss the first couple weeks of the regular season. Veteran reliever Brian Fuentes is expected to draw save opportunities for the Athletics while he’s sidelined.
Bailey, 26, boasts a stellar 1.70 ERA, 0.91 WHIP and 133/37 K/BB ratio over his first two major league seasons. He missed a month-long chunk of 2010 due to a strained intercostal muscle, though, and this will represent his second career trip to the disabled list.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)