Mar 30, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
He was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday evening, according to the A’s official Twitter feed, and is likely to miss the first couple weeks of the regular season. Veteran reliever Brian Fuentes is expected to draw save opportunities for the Athletics while he’s sidelined.
Bailey, 26, boasts a stellar 1.70 ERA, 0.91 WHIP and 133/37 K/BB ratio over his first two major league seasons. He missed a month-long chunk of 2010 due to a strained intercostal muscle, though, and this will represent his second career trip to the disabled list.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 28
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 47
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)