Mar 30, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
He was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday evening, according to the A’s official Twitter feed, and is likely to miss the first couple weeks of the regular season. Veteran reliever Brian Fuentes is expected to draw save opportunities for the Athletics while he’s sidelined.
Bailey, 26, boasts a stellar 1.70 ERA, 0.91 WHIP and 133/37 K/BB ratio over his first two major league seasons. He missed a month-long chunk of 2010 due to a strained intercostal muscle, though, and this will represent his second career trip to the disabled list.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (94)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)