Mar 30, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
He was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday evening, according to the A’s official Twitter feed, and is likely to miss the first couple weeks of the regular season. Veteran reliever Brian Fuentes is expected to draw save opportunities for the Athletics while he’s sidelined.
Bailey, 26, boasts a stellar 1.70 ERA, 0.91 WHIP and 133/37 K/BB ratio over his first two major league seasons. He missed a month-long chunk of 2010 due to a strained intercostal muscle, though, and this will represent his second career trip to the disabled list.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)