Mar 30, 2011, 4:50 PM EST
Bay flew back to New York to have the injury examined by doctors today and would be eligible to come off the disabled list as soon as April 9 thanks to the stint being backdated.
Duda entered last season as largely an unknown prospect, but the former seventh-round pick hit .304 with 23 homers, 40 doubles, and a .967 OPS in 115 games between Double-A and Triple-A before making his big-league debut in September. He bats left-handed while Hairston swings right-handed, so they could form a natural platoon.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)