Mar 30, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
I think I may have been one of the only people on the planet who liked the fact that Ken Rosenthal wore bow ties while on camera for the FOX playoff broadcasts last fall. I thought it was dapper and rather charming. I’ve met Ken in person a couple of times and he totally fits the mold of a bow tie wearer. Nice guy. Fastidious. Dare I say it? Kind of cute.
So you can imagine my joy when I read this morning that, not only is Rosenthal going to keep wearing the bow ties on camera, but that he’s doing it for a good cause. Many good causes, actually, as each Rosenthal bow tie will be to raise consciousness of various charities, ranging from Livestrong to the Ronald McDonald House to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation to Stand Up to Cancer:
Each Friday on FOXSports.com, we will display the bow tie I will wear on that week’s broadcast, along with a description of the charity and how to get involved. For the postseason, we plan to conduct polls on which bow tie I should wear for each game.
Funny how it all comes around. I didn’t want to wear a bow tie because I thought it would distract from my work. Jones’ mission, though, aligns perfectly with how I perceive my job.
I’m a blogger, so ties don’t happen here very often. Maybe I should do what Rosenthal is doing, however, and start wearing an article of clothing I never would otherwise wear in an effort to raise consciousness. You know, like pants or something.
Seriously, though: cool move Rosenthal. And I’d say that even if I didn’t think the ties looked good on their own terms.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20