Mar 30, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Today the Cleveland Indians were supposed to take on the Columbus Clippers in an exhibition game here in beautiful Columbus, Ohio. I had toyed with the idea of calling to get a press pass but never got around to it. I probably made the right decision given the weather here today. As I look out the window of my fortified compound on the outskirts of town, I see sideways snow and rank misery.
Jordan Bastain of MLB.com was required to drive down here from Cleveland to take in the game. While, sure, the essential stop at Grandpa’s Cheese Barn makes the Cleveland-Columbus trip worthwhile, sadly, the game was cancelled after an inning or two due to the weather, thereby rendering Jordan’s trip a waste. He did get a nice picture of Huntington Park, though:
And to think: the Indians open up at home on Friday, 130 miles north of here. Right now the forecast calls for partly cloudy skies and 46 degrees. Which is downright tropical.
Viva baseball season!
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final