Mar 30, 2011, 4:05 PM EST
Today the Cleveland Indians were supposed to take on the Columbus Clippers in an exhibition game here in beautiful Columbus, Ohio. I had toyed with the idea of calling to get a press pass but never got around to it. I probably made the right decision given the weather here today. As I look out the window of my fortified compound on the outskirts of town, I see sideways snow and rank misery.
Jordan Bastain of MLB.com was required to drive down here from Cleveland to take in the game. While, sure, the essential stop at Grandpa’s Cheese Barn makes the Cleveland-Columbus trip worthwhile, sadly, the game was cancelled after an inning or two due to the weather, thereby rendering Jordan’s trip a waste. He did get a nice picture of Huntington Park, though:
And to think: the Indians open up at home on Friday, 130 miles north of here. Right now the forecast calls for partly cloudy skies and 46 degrees. Which is downright tropical.
Viva baseball season!
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)