Mar 30, 2011, 5:38 AM EDT
It’s Opening Day Eve, everyone. And the quicker we get to bed tonight, the quicker Baseball Claus comes and brings us our precious games.
Until then, however, here are links to all 30 of HardballTalk’s Springtime Storylines entries, cataloging the Big Questions, the Not so Big Questions the continuing nagging issues and dramas of each and every team and, of course, a prediction as to each team’s chances. The predictions are guaranteed to be right or your money back.
By the time you’re done with these, you’ll be able to talk turkey about the 2011 season with anyone. Added bonus: when these previews and predictions start looking silly come Mother’s Day, you’ll need only go to this link as a quick-reference for our collective ignorance and folly. We believe, however, that we did a pretty darn good job with these.
Red Sox: Are they the best team in baseball?
Yankees: Do they have enough pitching?
Rays: Did they lose too many guys?
Blue Jays: Are they doomed by baseball’s toughest division?
Orioles: How soon can Buck Showalter turn them into contenders?
White Sox: Can they slug their way to division crown?
Twins: Can they win a third AL Central title?
Tigers: Can they win their first division title since 1987?
Indians: Will they ever finish rebuilding?
Royals: Will they avoid a third straight 95-loss season?
Rangers: Can they survive the departure of Cliff Lee?
Athletics: Did they add enough offense?
Angels: Did anyone have a worse offseason than these guys?
Mariners: Has the offense improved enough to be merely awful?
Phillies: How far can the Big Four carry them?
Braves: Will they miss a beat without Bobby Cox?
Marlins: Is this the year they finally break the mold?
Mets: Will they look the same in September?
Nationals: Is it just another season in limbo?
Reds: Can they do it again?
Brewers: Did they improve enough this offseason?
Cardinals: Can they survive the loss of their ace?
Cubs: Do they have what it takes to change history?
Astros: Are they headed for a long stretch of rough results?
Pirates: Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
Giants: Can they repeat?
Rockies: Do they have enough offense?
Dodgers: Are we gonna talk ourself into liking their chances?
Padres: Is there life after Adrian Gonzalez?
Diamondbacks: Is character and passion enough?
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)