Mar 30, 2011, 2:07 PM EDT
I’ve been linking to various team’s promotional videos this spring. I know they’re advertisements, but I find them interesting. Some are funny. Some are effective. Some are awful.
The Indians have what may be the most moving one I’ve seen so far. Check it out.
Biggest reason I like it: it doesn’t shy away from the dark parts of being an Indians fan. There’s footage of Edgar Renteria‘s hit in 1997 and the final out of the 1995 World Series against the Braves in the thing, for cryin’ out loud. There’s footage of Albert Belle. There’s an understanding and appreciation of the fact that fans are there for the highs and the lows and that the lows are every bit a part of what makes us a fan as the highs are.
It’s so easy to play the “[Insert your team's name here] baseball! It’s Faaaaantastic!” card, yet the Indians resisted. Nice job.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 8
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 94
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (95)