Mar 30, 2011, 2:07 PM EST
I’ve been linking to various team’s promotional videos this spring. I know they’re advertisements, but I find them interesting. Some are funny. Some are effective. Some are awful.
The Indians have what may be the most moving one I’ve seen so far. Check it out.
Biggest reason I like it: it doesn’t shy away from the dark parts of being an Indians fan. There’s footage of Edgar Renteria‘s hit in 1997 and the final out of the 1995 World Series against the Braves in the thing, for cryin’ out loud. There’s footage of Albert Belle. There’s an understanding and appreciation of the fact that fans are there for the highs and the lows and that the lows are every bit a part of what makes us a fan as the highs are.
It’s so easy to play the “[Insert your team's name here] baseball! It’s Faaaaantastic!” card, yet the Indians resisted. Nice job.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)