Mar 30, 2011, 2:07 PM EST
I’ve been linking to various team’s promotional videos this spring. I know they’re advertisements, but I find them interesting. Some are funny. Some are effective. Some are awful.
The Indians have what may be the most moving one I’ve seen so far. Check it out.
Biggest reason I like it: it doesn’t shy away from the dark parts of being an Indians fan. There’s footage of Edgar Renteria‘s hit in 1997 and the final out of the 1995 World Series against the Braves in the thing, for cryin’ out loud. There’s footage of Albert Belle. There’s an understanding and appreciation of the fact that fans are there for the highs and the lows and that the lows are every bit a part of what makes us a fan as the highs are.
It’s so easy to play the “[Insert your team’s name here] baseball! It’s Faaaaantastic!” card, yet the Indians resisted. Nice job.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)