Mar 30, 2011, 5:07 PM EST
When you’re talking about the ace pitcher for whom you traded the last vestiges of your farm system for a shoot-the-moon run at the title, here’s a quote you don’t want to hear:
“It may be a little longer than what I thought it was going to be … I figured by now that he would be throwing [off a mound] a while ago.”
That’s Brewers manager Ron Roenicke talking about Zack Greinke today. According to the report from Adam McCalvy, Greinke is going to need ten days of bullpen sessions before his minor league rehab starts and then, and only then, will he be back with the Brewers, so an April debut doesn’t look likely.
Feeling good about that pick of Milwaukee in the NL Central, Bob?
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)