Mar 30, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT
When you’re talking about the ace pitcher for whom you traded the last vestiges of your farm system for a shoot-the-moon run at the title, here’s a quote you don’t want to hear:
“It may be a little longer than what I thought it was going to be … I figured by now that he would be throwing [off a mound] a while ago.”
That’s Brewers manager Ron Roenicke talking about Zack Greinke today. According to the report from Adam McCalvy, Greinke is going to need ten days of bullpen sessions before his minor league rehab starts and then, and only then, will he be back with the Brewers, so an April debut doesn’t look likely.
Feeling good about that pick of Milwaukee in the NL Central, Bob?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)