Mar 31, 2011, 8:40 PM EDT
According to Andrew Baggarly of San Jose Mercury News, Brian Wilson threw approximately 30 pitches in a five-minute bullpen session earlier today in Los Angeles.
Wilson, who was placed on the disabled list yesterday with a left oblique strain, was able to throw with “apparent maximum effort.”
How’s the oblique feeling, by the way?
“It’s attached. It’s well. It says hi.”
I can almost imagine Wilson talking to his oblique like Gene did with that can of vegetables in “Wet Hot American Summer.”
Anyway, the next step is for Wilson to appear in a simulated game or live batting practice situation. Giants manager Bruce Bochy said he’ll need to do that twice before being activated from the disabled list, which makes it unlikely that he’ll be back prior to the Giants’ home opener on April 8. Because Wilson’s DL-stint was backdated, he is eligible to return as soon as April 6.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (149)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)