Mar 31, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
David Aardsma reported no problems following a bullpen session earlier this week, but manager Eric Wedge said yesterday that the Mariners “still have no timetable” for the closer’s return from hip surgery.
Wedge told Quinn Roberts of MLB.com that “the physical side is good, but he is still getting built up.”
Immediately after the surgery there were reports that the Mariners hoped to have Aardsma back around Opening Day, but now the best-case scenario seems to be a late-April return.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles