Mar 31, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
David Aardsma reported no problems following a bullpen session earlier this week, but manager Eric Wedge said yesterday that the Mariners “still have no timetable” for the closer’s return from hip surgery.
Wedge told Quinn Roberts of MLB.com that “the physical side is good, but he is still getting built up.”
Immediately after the surgery there were reports that the Mariners hoped to have Aardsma back around Opening Day, but now the best-case scenario seems to be a late-April return.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11