Mar 31, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Latos said he felt fine during the throwing session, which took place prior to today’s game against the Cardinals at Busch Stadium, while Padres manager Bud Black said “he looked fine and he looked healthy.”
Black said that the ace right-hander has a light side session scheduled for Saturday and if all goes well, he’ll pitch in a minor league game Monday in Arizona. They’ll see how he does Monday before deciding on the next step, but Black has previously said that Latos will need a minor league rehab assignment before returning from the disabled list.
Latos, 23, went 14-10 with a 2.92 ERA and 1.08 WHIP over 31 starts last season. He struck out 189 batters over 184 2/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 51
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show