Mar 31, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
Latos said he felt fine during the throwing session, which took place prior to today’s game against the Cardinals at Busch Stadium, while Padres manager Bud Black said “he looked fine and he looked healthy.”
Black said that the ace right-hander has a light side session scheduled for Saturday and if all goes well, he’ll pitch in a minor league game Monday in Arizona. They’ll see how he does Monday before deciding on the next step, but Black has previously said that Latos will need a minor league rehab assignment before returning from the disabled list.
Latos, 23, went 14-10 with a 2.92 ERA and 1.08 WHIP over 31 starts last season. He struck out 189 batters over 184 2/3 innings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)