Mar 31, 2011, 9:50 AM EST
I just spoke with PFT’s Gregg Rosenthal, who lives in New York. I can’t use the word that he used to describe the weather in New York right now, but let’s just say that it rhymed with “kitty” and was a close synonym for “poopy.”
Still, no matter how bad it is, I have this feeling that between ESPN and Randy Levine’s bluster, the Yankees will take the field today at 1:05 to take on the Tigers. There’s too much money to be made — er, I’m sorry, it’s Opening Day and baseball must be played!
But you don’t need to go outside to enjoy it. The game will be on the Worldwide Leader, and we will be doing a live chat of it right here on HBT. Our chat should go live a bit before 1PM Eastern, and from there Aaron and I will either serve as M.C’s for a grand afternoon of baseball or else we’ll be vamping during rain/snow delays. Either way: should be fun.
Be at this particular place on the web or be square!
Damn. That was a kitty rhyme.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 0
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)