Mar 31, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
I just spoke with PFT’s Gregg Rosenthal, who lives in New York. I can’t use the word that he used to describe the weather in New York right now, but let’s just say that it rhymed with “kitty” and was a close synonym for “poopy.”
Still, no matter how bad it is, I have this feeling that between ESPN and Randy Levine’s bluster, the Yankees will take the field today at 1:05 to take on the Tigers. There’s too much money to be made — er, I’m sorry, it’s Opening Day and baseball must be played!
But you don’t need to go outside to enjoy it. The game will be on the Worldwide Leader, and we will be doing a live chat of it right here on HBT. Our chat should go live a bit before 1PM Eastern, and from there Aaron and I will either serve as M.C’s for a grand afternoon of baseball or else we’ll be vamping during rain/snow delays. Either way: should be fun.
Be at this particular place on the web or be square!
Damn. That was a kitty rhyme.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)