Mar 31, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
I just spoke with PFT’s Gregg Rosenthal, who lives in New York. I can’t use the word that he used to describe the weather in New York right now, but let’s just say that it rhymed with “kitty” and was a close synonym for “poopy.”
Still, no matter how bad it is, I have this feeling that between ESPN and Randy Levine’s bluster, the Yankees will take the field today at 1:05 to take on the Tigers. There’s too much money to be made — er, I’m sorry, it’s Opening Day and baseball must be played!
But you don’t need to go outside to enjoy it. The game will be on the Worldwide Leader, and we will be doing a live chat of it right here on HBT. Our chat should go live a bit before 1PM Eastern, and from there Aaron and I will either serve as M.C’s for a grand afternoon of baseball or else we’ll be vamping during rain/snow delays. Either way: should be fun.
Be at this particular place on the web or be square!
Damn. That was a kitty rhyme.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)