Mar 31, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
I just spoke with PFT’s Gregg Rosenthal, who lives in New York. I can’t use the word that he used to describe the weather in New York right now, but let’s just say that it rhymed with “kitty” and was a close synonym for “poopy.”
Still, no matter how bad it is, I have this feeling that between ESPN and Randy Levine’s bluster, the Yankees will take the field today at 1:05 to take on the Tigers. There’s too much money to be made — er, I’m sorry, it’s Opening Day and baseball must be played!
But you don’t need to go outside to enjoy it. The game will be on the Worldwide Leader, and we will be doing a live chat of it right here on HBT. Our chat should go live a bit before 1PM Eastern, and from there Aaron and I will either serve as M.C’s for a grand afternoon of baseball or else we’ll be vamping during rain/snow delays. Either way: should be fun.
Be at this particular place on the web or be square!
Damn. That was a kitty rhyme.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)