Apr 1, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
KTLA television in Los Angeles reports that a Giants fan was “critically beaten in a parking lot at Dodger Stadium” during last night’s season opener.
According to station’s website, the incident occurred around 8:30 pm and police are looking for two suspects. Here are a few more details:
The victim and two friends, who were wearing Giants apparel, were approached by two men in Dodgers clothing, according to Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg. The men attacked the trio, Rosenberg said, kicking and punching them while shouting expletives about the Giants. One of the victims was hospitalized in critical condition.
Unfortunate, depressing news after a great Clayton Kershaw-Tim Lincecum matchup capped what was a fantastic Opening Day of baseball. Two years ago after the Dodgers’ home opener–also against the Giants–a man was stabbed in a different Dodger Stadium parking lot. The two teams play at Dodger Stadium again tonight.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)