Apr 1, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
KTLA television in Los Angeles reports that a Giants fan was “critically beaten in a parking lot at Dodger Stadium” during last night’s season opener.
According to station’s website, the incident occurred around 8:30 pm and police are looking for two suspects. Here are a few more details:
The victim and two friends, who were wearing Giants apparel, were approached by two men in Dodgers clothing, according to Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg. The men attacked the trio, Rosenberg said, kicking and punching them while shouting expletives about the Giants. One of the victims was hospitalized in critical condition.
Unfortunate, depressing news after a great Clayton Kershaw–Tim Lincecum matchup capped what was a fantastic Opening Day of baseball. Two years ago after the Dodgers’ home opener–also against the Giants–a man was stabbed in a different Dodger Stadium parking lot. The two teams play at Dodger Stadium again tonight.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)