Apr 1, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
KTLA television in Los Angeles reports that a Giants fan was “critically beaten in a parking lot at Dodger Stadium” during last night’s season opener.
According to station’s website, the incident occurred around 8:30 pm and police are looking for two suspects. Here are a few more details:
The victim and two friends, who were wearing Giants apparel, were approached by two men in Dodgers clothing, according to Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg. The men attacked the trio, Rosenberg said, kicking and punching them while shouting expletives about the Giants. One of the victims was hospitalized in critical condition.
Unfortunate, depressing news after a great Clayton Kershaw-Tim Lincecum matchup capped what was a fantastic Opening Day of baseball. Two years ago after the Dodgers’ home opener–also against the Giants–a man was stabbed in a different Dodger Stadium parking lot. The two teams play at Dodger Stadium again tonight.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)