Apr 1, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
KTLA television in Los Angeles reports that a Giants fan was “critically beaten in a parking lot at Dodger Stadium” during last night’s season opener.
According to station’s website, the incident occurred around 8:30 pm and police are looking for two suspects. Here are a few more details:
The victim and two friends, who were wearing Giants apparel, were approached by two men in Dodgers clothing, according to Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg. The men attacked the trio, Rosenberg said, kicking and punching them while shouting expletives about the Giants. One of the victims was hospitalized in critical condition.
Unfortunate, depressing news after a great Clayton Kershaw-Tim Lincecum matchup capped what was a fantastic Opening Day of baseball. Two years ago after the Dodgers’ home opener–also against the Giants–a man was stabbed in a different Dodger Stadium parking lot. The two teams play at Dodger Stadium again tonight.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8