Apr 1, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: X-rays on Uribe’s elbow came back negative, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
9:25 PM: The Dodgers have sent Juan Uribe for precautionary X-rays on his left elbow, according to Tony Jackson of ESPN Angeles. Uribe was plunked on the elbow by his former teammate Tim Lincecum during last night’s season opener against the Giants.
“I had him in the lineup, but he came in swollen,” Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. “Stan was actually really surprised. Hopefully, it’s just today.”
With Uribe out, the Dodgers will start Aaron Miles at third base and Ivan DeJesus Jr. at second tonight against Jonathan Sanchez. The Dodgers are already without Casey Blake to begin the season, so the last thing they need is another injury in their infield.
Uribe, 31, signed a three-year, $21 million contract with the Dodgers in November after batting .248/.310/.440 with 24 homers and 85 RBI with the World Champion Giants last season.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 0
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12