Apr 1, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: X-rays on Uribe’s elbow came back negative, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
9:25 PM: The Dodgers have sent Juan Uribe for precautionary X-rays on his left elbow, according to Tony Jackson of ESPN Angeles. Uribe was plunked on the elbow by his former teammate Tim Lincecum during last night’s season opener against the Giants.
“I had him in the lineup, but he came in swollen,” Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. “Stan was actually really surprised. Hopefully, it’s just today.”
With Uribe out, the Dodgers will start Aaron Miles at third base and Ivan DeJesus Jr. at second tonight against Jonathan Sanchez. The Dodgers are already without Casey Blake to begin the season, so the last thing they need is another injury in their infield.
Uribe, 31, signed a three-year, $21 million contract with the Dodgers in November after batting .248/.310/.440 with 24 homers and 85 RBI with the World Champion Giants last season.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)