Apr 1, 2011, 9:25 PM EST
UPDATE: X-rays on Uribe’s elbow came back negative, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
9:25 PM: The Dodgers have sent Juan Uribe for precautionary X-rays on his left elbow, according to Tony Jackson of ESPN Angeles. Uribe was plunked on the elbow by his former teammate Tim Lincecum during last night’s season opener against the Giants.
“I had him in the lineup, but he came in swollen,” Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. “Stan was actually really surprised. Hopefully, it’s just today.”
With Uribe out, the Dodgers will start Aaron Miles at third base and Ivan DeJesus Jr. at second tonight against Jonathan Sanchez. The Dodgers are already without Casey Blake to begin the season, so the last thing they need is another injury in their infield.
Uribe, 31, signed a three-year, $21 million contract with the Dodgers in November after batting .248/.310/.440 with 24 homers and 85 RBI with the World Champion Giants last season.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 42
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 108
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (114)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)