Apr 1, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: X-rays on Uribe’s elbow came back negative, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
9:25 PM: The Dodgers have sent Juan Uribe for precautionary X-rays on his left elbow, according to Tony Jackson of ESPN Angeles. Uribe was plunked on the elbow by his former teammate Tim Lincecum during last night’s season opener against the Giants.
“I had him in the lineup, but he came in swollen,” Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. “Stan was actually really surprised. Hopefully, it’s just today.”
With Uribe out, the Dodgers will start Aaron Miles at third base and Ivan DeJesus Jr. at second tonight against Jonathan Sanchez. The Dodgers are already without Casey Blake to begin the season, so the last thing they need is another injury in their infield.
Uribe, 31, signed a three-year, $21 million contract with the Dodgers in November after batting .248/.310/.440 with 24 homers and 85 RBI with the World Champion Giants last season.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 0
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 118
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (118)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)