Apr 2, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Interesting comments by Yankees general manager Brian Cashman today. According to Jack Curry of YES Network, he said that Pedro Feliciano was “abused” during his time with the Mets.
The amazing part is that Cashman is acting like this is somehow news. Feliciano has led the majors in appearances over the past three seasons and became just the fifth pitcher in baseball history to make 90 or more appearances in a season last year. You’re damn right he was abused.
Feliciano, who was signed to a two-year, $8 million contract with a club option for 2013 this winter, is currently on the disabled list with a left rotator cuff strain.
We’ll have to assume the Yankees were aware of the risk involved, but Cashman said he signed Feliciano anyway because there was a limited market for left-handed relievers this winter. It must be nice to have the ability to recklessly throw money at left-handed specialists.
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)