Apr 2, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Interesting comments by Yankees general manager Brian Cashman today. According to Jack Curry of YES Network, he said that Pedro Feliciano was “abused” during his time with the Mets.
The amazing part is that Cashman is acting like this is somehow news. Feliciano has led the majors in appearances over the past three seasons and became just the fifth pitcher in baseball history to make 90 or more appearances in a season last year. You’re damn right he was abused.
Feliciano, who was signed to a two-year, $8 million contract with a club option for 2013 this winter, is currently on the disabled list with a left rotator cuff strain.
We’ll have to assume the Yankees were aware of the risk involved, but Cashman said he signed Feliciano anyway because there was a limited market for left-handed relievers this winter. It must be nice to have the ability to recklessly throw money at left-handed specialists.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 39
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 84
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)