Apr 2, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Interesting comments by Yankees general manager Brian Cashman today. According to Jack Curry of YES Network, he said that Pedro Feliciano was “abused” during his time with the Mets.
The amazing part is that Cashman is acting like this is somehow news. Feliciano has led the majors in appearances over the past three seasons and became just the fifth pitcher in baseball history to make 90 or more appearances in a season last year. You’re damn right he was abused.
Feliciano, who was signed to a two-year, $8 million contract with a club option for 2013 this winter, is currently on the disabled list with a left rotator cuff strain.
We’ll have to assume the Yankees were aware of the risk involved, but Cashman said he signed Feliciano anyway because there was a limited market for left-handed relievers this winter. It must be nice to have the ability to recklessly throw money at left-handed specialists.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)