Apr 2, 2011, 9:01 PM EDT
A bit of frightening news out of Tampa Bay.
Longo will be reevaluated after undergoing a round of tests Sunday morning. The 25-year-old was 0-for-1 with a walk before being replaced by Sean Rodriguez at the start of the sixth inning.
If Longoria suffered an oblique strain, he could be out for up to a month. The Rays, who lost their opener to the Orioles on Friday and were no-hit through six innings on Saturday, will have to hope it’s only soreness.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)