Apr 2, 2011, 8:28 PM EDT
Good news: he made a little progress today.
According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Bridge Baseball, Bailey played long toss from a distance of 120 feet on Saturday afternoon and Athletics manager Bob Geren called it “his best day yet.”
The right-hander is expected to be ready for live action in about two weeks. He has a 1.70 career ERA, a 0.91 career WHIP and a 133/37 K/BB ratio over his first two major league seasons.
The A’s are relying on veteran left-hander Brian Fuentes to handle save opportunities for the time being.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)