Apr 2, 2011, 8:28 PM EST
Good news: he made a little progress today.
According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Bridge Baseball, Bailey played long toss from a distance of 120 feet on Saturday afternoon and Athletics manager Bob Geren called it “his best day yet.”
The right-hander is expected to be ready for live action in about two weeks. He has a 1.70 career ERA, a 0.91 career WHIP and a 133/37 K/BB ratio over his first two major league seasons.
The A’s are relying on veteran left-hander Brian Fuentes to handle save opportunities for the time being.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)