Apr 2, 2011, 8:28 PM EST
Good news: he made a little progress today.
According to Jeff Fletcher of Bay Bridge Baseball, Bailey played long toss from a distance of 120 feet on Saturday afternoon and Athletics manager Bob Geren called it “his best day yet.”
The right-hander is expected to be ready for live action in about two weeks. He has a 1.70 career ERA, a 0.91 career WHIP and a 133/37 K/BB ratio over his first two major league seasons.
The A’s are relying on veteran left-hander Brian Fuentes to handle save opportunities for the time being.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)