Apr 3, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Scott Proctor is back with the Braves. Kind of.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the veteran right-hander agreed to a minor league contract on Sunday morning and will report to Triple-A Gwinnett this week.
Proctor was cut by the Braves at the end of spring training after allowing 12 hits and 14 runs in just over 10 Grapefruit League innings. He appeared in only six games with the club in 2010.
The Braves will have him serve as organizational relief depth in case injuries begin to plague their bullpen.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)