Apr 3, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Scott Proctor is back with the Braves. Kind of.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the veteran right-hander agreed to a minor league contract on Sunday morning and will report to Triple-A Gwinnett this week.
Proctor was cut by the Braves at the end of spring training after allowing 12 hits and 14 runs in just over 10 Grapefruit League innings. He appeared in only six games with the club in 2010.
The Braves will have him serve as organizational relief depth in case injuries begin to plague their bullpen.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)