Apr 3, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen tried to talk himself into Sunday’s lineup against the Cubs and was successful at first, but Pittsburgh’s coaches and trainers eventually decided to play it safe.
McCutchen is only battling a bit of neck soreness and should be fine after a day or two of rest. He is 2-for-7 to open the season with a home run, two walks and two RBI. He has not yet attempted a steal.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 107
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 39
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (107)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)