Apr 3, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
According to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki, Victorino is aiming to return to the Phils’ starting lineup for Tuesday’s series-opening tilt against the Mets. The Phillies have an off day on Monday.
Michael Martinez will make his major league debut on Sunday afternoon against the Astros. The 28-year-old is leading off and playing center field.
“I still feel it in the certain area,” Victorino said Sunday. “My strength is there. We’re just trying to find out what’s causing that sensation. I’m not alarmed. None of us are alarmed.”
Victorino, 30, is 1-for-6 with two RBI so far this season. He was caught on his only stolen base attempt.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)