Apr 3, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
According to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki, Victorino is aiming to return to the Phils’ starting lineup for Tuesday’s series-opening tilt against the Mets. The Phillies have an off day on Monday.
Michael Martinez will make his major league debut on Sunday afternoon against the Astros. The 28-year-old is leading off and playing center field.
“I still feel it in the certain area,” Victorino said Sunday. “My strength is there. We’re just trying to find out what’s causing that sensation. I’m not alarmed. None of us are alarmed.”
Victorino, 30, is 1-for-6 with two RBI so far this season. He was caught on his only stolen base attempt.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)