Apr 3, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
According to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki, Victorino is aiming to return to the Phils’ starting lineup for Tuesday’s series-opening tilt against the Mets. The Phillies have an off day on Monday.
Michael Martinez will make his major league debut on Sunday afternoon against the Astros. The 28-year-old is leading off and playing center field.
“I still feel it in the certain area,” Victorino said Sunday. “My strength is there. We’re just trying to find out what’s causing that sensation. I’m not alarmed. None of us are alarmed.”
Victorino, 30, is 1-for-6 with two RBI so far this season. He was caught on his only stolen base attempt.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)