Apr 4, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Brandon Webb‘s ongoing recovery from 2009 shoulder surgery hit another potential roadblock today, as the former Cy Young winner threw 70 pitches of batting practice and said afterward that “it went bad”:
I was pretty wild. I felt fine, but I was just all over the place. It wasn’t like my last pen. After my last pen, I was like this is pretty good. I thought after that I would be ready for a sim game.
Not feeling any pain qualifies as good news, but everything else was bad. Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Webb hit three batters and won’t be making a scheduled simulated game start later this week. He’s not quite all the way back to square one, but obviously Webb making any sort of contribution to the Rangers this month is all but ruled out and even May seems optimistic.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million