Apr 4, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Initially the plan was for Blake to rejoin the lineup Saturday or Sunday, but he told Gurnick that he already feels “good enough to compete” and manager Don Mattingly admitted that the Dodgers “are thinking about it.”
Gurnick notes that Blake had been getting plenty of work in extended spring training, taking up to eight or nine at-bats per day in minor-league games. However, now that the actual minor-league season has started he’d have to go elsewhere for game action.
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 0
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 1
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Ike Davis assured by Mets GM demotion is not imminent 9