Apr 4, 2011, 11:46 AM EST
Initially the plan was for Blake to rejoin the lineup Saturday or Sunday, but he told Gurnick that he already feels “good enough to compete” and manager Don Mattingly admitted that the Dodgers “are thinking about it.”
Gurnick notes that Blake had been getting plenty of work in extended spring training, taking up to eight or nine at-bats per day in minor-league games. However, now that the actual minor-league season has started he’d have to go elsewhere for game action.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)