Apr 4, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Jake Peavy began this year on the disabled list following setbacks in his recovery from shoulder surgery, but the rehabbing former Cy Young winner threw a 59-pitch simulated game yesterday and is now scheduled to start an actual game Friday at Double-A.
Scott Merkin of MLB.com notes that Peavy said previously he’d want to throw 100-plus pitches in back-to-back outings before rejoining the White Sox’s rotation and he’s slated to throw around 75 pitches Friday, suggesting he’s at least three rehab starts from coming off the DL.
For now Philip Humber is filling in for Peavy as Chicago’s fifth starter, but thanks to off days the White Sox are able to skip his turn the first time through the rotation. Peavy has been sidelined since July 6 of last season.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)