Apr 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EST
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, the hope is that Guthrie will be able to pitch on Sunday against the Rangers.
12:48 PM: Jeremy Guthrie, who beat the Rays with eight shutout innings on Opening Day, is in danger of missing his scheduled Wednesday start with a viral infection.
Guthrie went to the hospital to undergo some tests and hasn’t yet been ruled out for his second outing, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. However, he’s not expected to be with the team today.
Brad Bergeson is expected to get the nod if the Orioles do need someone to fill in against Justin Verlander and the Tigers. He’s technically a member of the rotation already, but began the season in the bullpen because a fifth starter wasn’t needed initially.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)