Apr 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, the hope is that Guthrie will be able to pitch on Sunday against the Rangers.
12:48 PM: Jeremy Guthrie, who beat the Rays with eight shutout innings on Opening Day, is in danger of missing his scheduled Wednesday start with a viral infection.
Guthrie went to the hospital to undergo some tests and hasn’t yet been ruled out for his second outing, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. However, he’s not expected to be with the team today.
Brad Bergeson is expected to get the nod if the Orioles do need someone to fill in against Justin Verlander and the Tigers. He’s technically a member of the rotation already, but began the season in the bullpen because a fifth starter wasn’t needed initially.
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22