Apr 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EST
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, the hope is that Guthrie will be able to pitch on Sunday against the Rangers.
12:48 PM: Jeremy Guthrie, who beat the Rays with eight shutout innings on Opening Day, is in danger of missing his scheduled Wednesday start with a viral infection.
Guthrie went to the hospital to undergo some tests and hasn’t yet been ruled out for his second outing, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. However, he’s not expected to be with the team today.
Brad Bergeson is expected to get the nod if the Orioles do need someone to fill in against Justin Verlander and the Tigers. He’s technically a member of the rotation already, but began the season in the bullpen because a fifth starter wasn’t needed initially.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 120
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 19
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 213
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (215)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)