Apr 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, the hope is that Guthrie will be able to pitch on Sunday against the Rangers.
12:48 PM: Jeremy Guthrie, who beat the Rays with eight shutout innings on Opening Day, is in danger of missing his scheduled Wednesday start with a viral infection.
Guthrie went to the hospital to undergo some tests and hasn’t yet been ruled out for his second outing, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. However, he’s not expected to be with the team today.
Brad Bergeson is expected to get the nod if the Orioles do need someone to fill in against Justin Verlander and the Tigers. He’s technically a member of the rotation already, but began the season in the bullpen because a fifth starter wasn’t needed initially.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)