Apr 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, the hope is that Guthrie will be able to pitch on Sunday against the Rangers.
12:48 PM: Jeremy Guthrie, who beat the Rays with eight shutout innings on Opening Day, is in danger of missing his scheduled Wednesday start with a viral infection.
Guthrie went to the hospital to undergo some tests and hasn’t yet been ruled out for his second outing, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. However, he’s not expected to be with the team today.
Brad Bergeson is expected to get the nod if the Orioles do need someone to fill in against Justin Verlander and the Tigers. He’s technically a member of the rotation already, but began the season in the bullpen because a fifth starter wasn’t needed initially.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 10
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 124
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)