Apr 4, 2011, 8:10 PM EDT
According to Jennifer Sullivan of the Seattle Times, burglars broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s home in Washington state late last month and stole several personal items, including his 2008 World Series ring.
Here’s part of the report from the Times:
Detectives believe thieves spent several hours inside the home on Beaver Pond Drive South, because of the sheer volume of items taken. Thieves somehow broke into Kendrick’s safe, where his 2008 championship ring was stored, and took a framed Ken Griffey Jr. jersey off the wall. Thieves also took baseball gloves and bats, items that were keepsakes from different stages in Kendrick’s career, as well as televisions, computers and other high-end electronics, Cammock said.
Major League Baseball reported the ring contained 103 diamonds in a white-gold setting.
Cammock said that he doesn’t know an appraisal price for the ring, but called it “priceless.” He said that Kendrick had the ring insured.
This is just awful. You have to wonder whether Kendrick was targeted, as he was obviously at spring training in Florida at the time of the robbery.
Kendrick didn’t actually pitch for the Phillies during the 2008 postseason, but went 11-9 with a 5.49 ERA over 155 2/3 innings during the regular season.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games