Apr 4, 2011, 8:10 PM EDT
According to Jennifer Sullivan of the Seattle Times, burglars broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s home in Washington state late last month and stole several personal items, including his 2008 World Series ring.
Here’s part of the report from the Times:
Detectives believe thieves spent several hours inside the home on Beaver Pond Drive South, because of the sheer volume of items taken. Thieves somehow broke into Kendrick’s safe, where his 2008 championship ring was stored, and took a framed Ken Griffey Jr. jersey off the wall. Thieves also took baseball gloves and bats, items that were keepsakes from different stages in Kendrick’s career, as well as televisions, computers and other high-end electronics, Cammock said.
Major League Baseball reported the ring contained 103 diamonds in a white-gold setting.
Cammock said that he doesn’t know an appraisal price for the ring, but called it “priceless.” He said that Kendrick had the ring insured.
This is just awful. You have to wonder whether Kendrick was targeted, as he was obviously at spring training in Florida at the time of the robbery.
Kendrick didn’t actually pitch for the Phillies during the 2008 postseason, but went 11-9 with a 5.49 ERA over 155 2/3 innings during the regular season.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)