Apr 4, 2011, 8:10 PM EST
According to Jennifer Sullivan of the Seattle Times, burglars broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s home in Washington state late last month and stole several personal items, including his 2008 World Series ring.
Here’s part of the report from the Times:
Detectives believe thieves spent several hours inside the home on Beaver Pond Drive South, because of the sheer volume of items taken. Thieves somehow broke into Kendrick’s safe, where his 2008 championship ring was stored, and took a framed Ken Griffey Jr. jersey off the wall. Thieves also took baseball gloves and bats, items that were keepsakes from different stages in Kendrick’s career, as well as televisions, computers and other high-end electronics, Cammock said.
Major League Baseball reported the ring contained 103 diamonds in a white-gold setting.
Cammock said that he doesn’t know an appraisal price for the ring, but called it “priceless.” He said that Kendrick had the ring insured.
This is just awful. You have to wonder whether Kendrick was targeted, as he was obviously at spring training in Florida at the time of the robbery.
Kendrick didn’t actually pitch for the Phillies during the 2008 postseason, but went 11-9 with a 5.49 ERA over 155 2/3 innings during the regular season.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 21
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)