Apr 4, 2011, 8:10 PM EDT
According to Jennifer Sullivan of the Seattle Times, burglars broke into Kyle Kendrick‘s home in Washington state late last month and stole several personal items, including his 2008 World Series ring.
Here’s part of the report from the Times:
Detectives believe thieves spent several hours inside the home on Beaver Pond Drive South, because of the sheer volume of items taken. Thieves somehow broke into Kendrick’s safe, where his 2008 championship ring was stored, and took a framed Ken Griffey Jr. jersey off the wall. Thieves also took baseball gloves and bats, items that were keepsakes from different stages in Kendrick’s career, as well as televisions, computers and other high-end electronics, Cammock said.
Major League Baseball reported the ring contained 103 diamonds in a white-gold setting.
Cammock said that he doesn’t know an appraisal price for the ring, but called it “priceless.” He said that Kendrick had the ring insured.
This is just awful. You have to wonder whether Kendrick was targeted, as he was obviously at spring training in Florida at the time of the robbery.
Kendrick didn’t actually pitch for the Phillies during the 2008 postseason, but went 11-9 with a 5.49 ERA over 155 2/3 innings during the regular season.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 22
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 138
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)