Apr 5, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
Potentially bad news from Wrigley Field: Cubs’ starter Andrew Cashner was pulled from today’s game against the Diamondbacks due to tightness in his right shoulder. He had thrown 72 pitches in five and a third innings at the time, and had allowed two hits, one of which was a homer. The game is still going on — the Cubs led the Dbacks 4-1 when Cashner was yanked — so we don’t have any additional details yet. Updates as we get ‘em.
This was Cashner’s first major league start. The former first round pick had 53 relief appearances as a rookie last year, but had spent three years in the minors primarily as a starter.
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 0
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 8
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 94
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)