Apr 5, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
Potentially bad news from Wrigley Field: Cubs’ starter Andrew Cashner was pulled from today’s game against the Diamondbacks due to tightness in his right shoulder. He had thrown 72 pitches in five and a third innings at the time, and had allowed two hits, one of which was a homer. The game is still going on — the Cubs led the Dbacks 4-1 when Cashner was yanked — so we don’t have any additional details yet. Updates as we get ’em.
This was Cashner’s first major league start. The former first round pick had 53 relief appearances as a rookie last year, but had spent three years in the minors primarily as a starter.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)