Apr 5, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
Potentially bad news from Wrigley Field: Cubs’ starter Andrew Cashner was pulled from today’s game against the Diamondbacks due to tightness in his right shoulder. He had thrown 72 pitches in five and a third innings at the time, and had allowed two hits, one of which was a homer. The game is still going on — the Cubs led the Dbacks 4-1 when Cashner was yanked — so we don’t have any additional details yet. Updates as we get ‘em.
This was Cashner’s first major league start. The former first round pick had 53 relief appearances as a rookie last year, but had spent three years in the minors primarily as a starter.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)