Apr 5, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
As only they can, “Page Six” in the New York Post reports that Derek Jeter has rented a $15,000-per-month apartment in the same Trump World Tower where he already owns a $20 million apartment because “a neighbor’s noisy construction was hampering the star shortstop’s crucial rest.”
Rich people buying really expensive luxury items is hardly a new or shocking concept, but this really hammers it home for me.
I occasionally try to take a late-afternoon nap after a hard day of blogging about Pulitzer Prize-winning topics like Derek Jeter’s beauty sleep and my neighbor cranking up the radio while working in the garage sometimes keeps me from getting to sleep, at which point I stick a pair of 50-cent foam earplugs in and snooze away.
When faced with essentially the same problem, Derek Jeter shells out $15,000 per month for a second apartment, although admittedly you can’t invite Minka Kelly over to hang out in an earplug.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (233)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)