Apr 5, 2011, 1:24 PM EST
As only they can, “Page Six” in the New York Post reports that Derek Jeter has rented a $15,000-per-month apartment in the same Trump World Tower where he already owns a $20 million apartment because “a neighbor’s noisy construction was hampering the star shortstop’s crucial rest.”
Rich people buying really expensive luxury items is hardly a new or shocking concept, but this really hammers it home for me.
I occasionally try to take a late-afternoon nap after a hard day of blogging about Pulitzer Prize-winning topics like Derek Jeter’s beauty sleep and my neighbor cranking up the radio while working in the garage sometimes keeps me from getting to sleep, at which point I stick a pair of 50-cent foam earplugs in and snooze away.
When faced with essentially the same problem, Derek Jeter shells out $15,000 per month for a second apartment, although admittedly you can’t invite Minka Kelly over to hang out in an earplug.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)