Apr 5, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
As only they can, “Page Six” in the New York Post reports that Derek Jeter has rented a $15,000-per-month apartment in the same Trump World Tower where he already owns a $20 million apartment because “a neighbor’s noisy construction was hampering the star shortstop’s crucial rest.”
Rich people buying really expensive luxury items is hardly a new or shocking concept, but this really hammers it home for me.
I occasionally try to take a late-afternoon nap after a hard day of blogging about Pulitzer Prize-winning topics like Derek Jeter’s beauty sleep and my neighbor cranking up the radio while working in the garage sometimes keeps me from getting to sleep, at which point I stick a pair of 50-cent foam earplugs in and snooze away.
When faced with essentially the same problem, Derek Jeter shells out $15,000 per month for a second apartment, although admittedly you can’t invite Minka Kelly over to hang out in an earplug.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (181)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)