Apr 5, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
As only they can, “Page Six” in the New York Post reports that Derek Jeter has rented a $15,000-per-month apartment in the same Trump World Tower where he already owns a $20 million apartment because “a neighbor’s noisy construction was hampering the star shortstop’s crucial rest.”
Rich people buying really expensive luxury items is hardly a new or shocking concept, but this really hammers it home for me.
I occasionally try to take a late-afternoon nap after a hard day of blogging about Pulitzer Prize-winning topics like Derek Jeter’s beauty sleep and my neighbor cranking up the radio while working in the garage sometimes keeps me from getting to sleep, at which point I stick a pair of 50-cent foam earplugs in and snooze away.
When faced with essentially the same problem, Derek Jeter shells out $15,000 per month for a second apartment, although admittedly you can’t invite Minka Kelly over to hang out in an earplug.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 21
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)