Apr 5, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
Bay is still experiencing soreness around his strained left intercostal muscle and has yet to try swinging a bat.
“The doctors thought he might be ready when his days on the DL expired,” Alderson said. “But that looks unlikely. It’s just hard to predict.”
Bay isn’t expected to go on a minor league rehab assignment unless the injury sidelines him well beyond the weekend. The Mets, however, would like to get him into one or two extended spring training games before he returns.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)