Apr 5, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
Bay is still experiencing soreness around his strained left intercostal muscle and has yet to try swinging a bat.
“The doctors thought he might be ready when his days on the DL expired,” Alderson said. “But that looks unlikely. It’s just hard to predict.”
Bay isn’t expected to go on a minor league rehab assignment unless the injury sidelines him well beyond the weekend. The Mets, however, would like to get him into one or two extended spring training games before he returns.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)